Saturday, December 15, 2012

We Have a Winner!!

First off, I want to thank every single person that helped with the Toys for Tots Fundraiser. My goal was to hit $100 and when I started this I figured I would get probably $20. Well, with everyone's help and contribution we made $109! How awesome is that?!!? After work, "Chris," "Sean" and I went to Wal-Mart to purchase brand new toys. To be honest, after doing a quick walk through of the toy aisle I felt a teeny bit overwhelmed. There were so many toys that I had no idea what to get. I had built up this lavish fantasy in my sleep deprived brain that "Walking on Sunshine" would play in the back ground while I ran all around the toy department just tossing everything that was on the shelves into the shopping cart. Instead, it was me holding up a mini Avenger's toy asking if boys like dollies and then promptly told, "it's an action figure!"

I bet you want to know what's in the bags??
Are you really that surprised to see Nerf guns?
I bet you're just DYING to know who the winner is? Well, before I tell you I need to explain the hiccup I experienced with the number generator. My plan was to let technology do the work for me. I would just plug in the numbers 1 and 500 and it would go ahead and pick the winner for me. While I had several numbers in play I did not take into consideration that there were 491 numbers that were unaccounted for. And here's what happened.
As you can see...It did not turn out the way I had planned. 

Then an idea came to me. A local radio station (Magic 95) and the Lawton Fire Fighters were going to be at the toy drop off site. So my plan was to go completely old school, write everyone's name and number on a piece of paper and ask one of the fire fighters to pick the winner. I can be such a genius sometimes. (Ignore the fact that this is the third time I'm typing this and hoping this will post).
So, mom (my special helper) and I went to the drop off site only to find an empty Magic 95 car parked in front of the store and the fire truck at the other end of the parking lot. We carried the toys over to the fire truck where the cutie pie fire fighters were just as confused as we were as to where the toys needed to be. Mom and I headed back to the Magic 95 car when mom decided she would ask someone in the store only to find the radio DJ in there buying a pair of pants. Toys were dropped off and one of our lovely fire fighters picked the winner. I guess NOW would be a good time for me to tell who won the FREE DINNER FOR TWO before I ramble on to another side story. So. Here. We. GO! THE WINNER IS....
CONGRATULATIONS SAM!!!!!
So there you have it. This experience was not only fun but pretty humbling as well. I thought maybe this would be something I would do every year but actually I may try to find other causes through out the year to help with as well. And since this blog post seems a bit on the picture heavy side, here are some more to distract you while mom and I accidentally set the house on fire and see if the cutie pie fire fighters show up.

Merry Christmas. I got you a Frankie cat.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             




No comments:

Post a Comment