Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rocking to the Oldies

My dear, adorable readers I apologize for being gone for so long. Oh the turmoil you must have gone through while I just lazied about watching old episodes of Mr.Bean. My favorite will always be the one where he was in church and just being obnoxious to the guy next him by trying to unwrap a piece of candy or falls asleep and scares himself. Classic.

Anywho, guess what? I'm totally typing this to you via my new iPad! I KNOW! AHHH IT'S SO EXCITING! Let's hold hands and jump up and down screaming!!! AHHHH!!! Ok, enough of that. You look foolish.

So, lately I've been thinking that as funny as the crazy cat lady jokes I kind of, sort of, really don't want to end up as her. So, I'm taking action! Being a full-time student with a full-time job with a night shift really limits my time. I could go out to the bars after work but all I would really find would be the drunk guys or the sober guys trying to pick off the even drunker ladies. I could find an activity in the morning to meet- ha, who am I kidding myself. I'm lucky if I wake up early enough for a doctor appointment. Instead, I'm testing out online dating. Yes, I know it takes the whimsy out of the where did you meet story but to be honest I'm not expecting too much out of this.

I set up the same profile on two different sites, one free and one not so free. I always hate that tell us about yourself section. I just sit in front of the computer with a blank stare on my face and the sound of the ocean playing in my head. "I'm uhh...I'm hi?" After a while I finally came up with a short but slightly witty paragraph that didn't make me sound too much like a lunatic. Although there have been a few gentlemen that seem nice enough I can't help but notice something that both sites have in common. Really old men like me. I don't mean old as in a few years, I mean in their 50's old. They send messages (Hey cutie!) and winks but never reply back when I tell them they're the same age (sometimes older) then my dad. I will keep you guys updated if I find my true love, Daddy Warbucks.

I bet you guys are all on the edge of your seats wondering where we currently stand with the Nerf Gun giveaway. Well, we haven't hit 1000 hits yet but we're close. So here are the current numbers and I just want to say, those of you in foreign lands are totally welcome to participate when I start the giveaway!






















No comments:

Post a Comment