Thursday, July 25, 2013

Running With Zombies

I've always wanted to be that one girl at the park that runs all casually like it's nothing. Or that girl at the gym that's running on the treadmill on level 10, incline 4000 and speed 60 kajillion while she flips through Cosmo magazine and texts all at once. I hate that bitch but mostly because I can barely last 5 minutes on the ARC machine, only to get my foot stuck in the pedal and creating  this awkward scene at the gym.

Unfortunately, I've always been insecure about my body and never tried running or jogging. Despite what "Chris" said about me when I was apparently "running" from him inside WalMart the other night. I WAS WALKING! Just a little quicker than usual...

Anyway, "Chris" and I decided to try the couch to 5k workout since it's a workout that gradually gets your ass running. Needless to say, I whimped out on the running portion our first day at the park. Which looked a little something like this:





 
I died a little.
That night at work "Chris" found out about this app called Zombies, Run! I had heard about it years ago but completely forgot about it. Basically, it's an app that, like Couch to 5k, helps you gradually get into the running process. The difference is that this app uses zombies coming after your ass as a motivator. It's a pretty cool little app. It has this story line where you're in a helicopter crash and you some how find your way to Abel Township. However, Dr. Mary ( I can't remember her name) is a massive biotch who tells you if you're not able to bring back medical supplies from the abandoned hospital they may not be able to let you into the township. Oh, Dr. Mary, you just wait until I get you alone...OH NO! She had a bite mark on her arm so I killed her. Yeah, take THAT Dr. Mary.  

 So, as you're walking the story plays out until someone yells, "RUN!" Then another voice tells you that zombies are x amount of km away. You actually hear the zombies and the closer they are, the louder they are in your headset. So while it felt like this was happening:



It was really more like this:

That's a leery prairie dog..

 The other fun part of this game is that it gives you missions to complete. Basically you have to find crap or Dr. Mary-I'm-A-Total-Dickbag won't let you back into the township. To be honest, some of these items are completely random. 

 
"Chris" found a baseball bat while I found underwear...






I also found about 3 pairs of trousers, a pair of shorts and at least a billion sports bras.
While "Chris" kept finding all the important stuff like 1st aid kits and weapons.

We're still trying to figure out how the game knew I needed sports bras. That's another thing that keeps me from running. The fear that I'll knock myself unconscious with my boobs because, well, I'm quite..."busty." Want to know about other random things I collected while avoiding zombie hoards?

Random Shit I Found
  • Multiple bottles of water
  • 5 cell phones
  • Power cable
  • 6 First aid kits (see, I wasn't totally useless!)
  • Kensaido manifesto (whoever that is..)
  • Bandages (to smother the good doctor with..)
  • Axe
  • Pain meds
  • CDC box
  • Tinned food (not sure if that came with a can opener..)
  • Shorts
  • 3 Pairs of trousers
  • 8 Sports bras
  • 2 Pairs of underwear
  • Baseball bat
  • A book 
 So far Zombies, Run! is a pretty useful tool for exercise seeing as how I'm excited to try out the next level called, "Lay of the Land." Maybe I'll run longer than 30 seconds.

Also, after years and years and years of rumors that we would be getting a Target, my town FINALLY got one. The typo in the headline is the reason Lawton can't have nice things.

 

4 comments:

  1. Zombie run sounds totally freaking awesome, maybe I should give it a try, maybe it will totally give me the motivation I need to get off my butt, even though I think I am allergic to exercise.
    Also, I am so jealous you are getting a Target, our closest Target is in Tulsa, and I am stuck in Muskogee
    Kimbra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be too jealous...according to the news article, it's only open to the Pubic...awkward..

      Delete
  2. This is why I'd enter by pelvic thrusting. It's a great way to work around the system.

    I wish I'd seen this game when I first started running. Now I just keep running because of the endorphin addiction. The sweet, sweet endorphins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you keep getting put in the spam comments!?!? Stop it blogger, stop!

      It's a fun little app! I'm on the part of the story where Runner 8 is all hacking up a lung and telling me how she didn't trust me and is still leary about me. Meanwhile, I'm like, look here heffer, I have 50 sledge hammers, a sword, a pistol, a couple of books and sports bra. I can totes take you.

      Delete