Friday, July 12, 2013

Pet Peeves, Part One



One of the advantages of the late shift that I work is that when I go grocery shopping at WalMart is that it's no where near as crowded and annoying as it is during the day. The downside is that I usually end up with one of two cashiers, "Chatty Cathy" or "Judgie Johnny" because for some reason the WalMart on my side of town doesn't keep the self check out open after 11pm. Bitches. "Chatty Cathy" isn't too bad unless you consider knowing EVERY DAMN DETAIL OF HER ENTIRE LIFE only slightly annoying. For instance, I know she has two boyfriends (I also know their professions), she likes Red Velvet ice cream from Ben and Jerry's, and she likes to go dancing at Scooters on Thursday nights (to which she's always inviting me to, unfortunately I'm always "working"). 

Then there's "Judgie Johnny." He seems nice enough, he's always friendly and fun to have small talk with. Until recently. The first few trips to WalMart where I ended up in his line I was buying insane amounts of fruit and veggies. 

 Then this day happened.



Which was followed by this totally accurate exchange.






Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that set off this reaction.


Ok, fine. I may be embellishing a little bit. The REAL reaction was more like this:


You would think considering the type of items that were on the conveyer belt he would have just shut his trap and bagged my items instead of judging me with his judgie judiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment