Saturday, March 2, 2013

Satisfaction

Sometimes, “Chris” and I like to grocery shop together at Wal Mart when we get off work. It’s not very often but it seems the few times we go something out of the ordinary tends to happen. Nothing overly dramatic, just little random little things, like a few weeks ago, every time I touched something I kept getting shocked. Not the little, oh ha ha I got shocked. I mean like I would reach to pick up some hair conditioner and be shocked so hard my elbow would hurt. Or “Chris” would touch the shopping cart and I got shocked. Or I would reach for a bag of straws and get shocked. Wal Mart is, apparently, a shocking place for me. Ha ha, get it, guys. Come on, laugh, that was totally funny.

I’ve also noticed lately that the customer service at one of the Wal Marts in town has been a little more friendly than usual and I’m not sure how I like that. I’ve become so accustomed to the angry and disgruntled employees that when one of them smiles at me I feel like they’re trying to distract me while they snatch my wallet. Last time I went alone one of the stockers actually smiled at me and asked if I needed anything and another stocker a few aisles over complimented the boots I was wearing. What? They’re cute boots! A little crappily made since I only bought them about 4 weeks ago, one heel makes a squeak/fart noise when I walk and the tiny elastic bands in the fabric on the back are already bursting out. But they’re still cute!

So, back to the story. “Chris” and I were perusing the baking aisles, ok we were “Ohhh” and “ahhh” ing those little microwave brownie bowl things and resisting the urge to just toss them all in the shopping cart when we heard someone yelling “Hey!” behind us. I turned to look and saw one of the store employees running towards us, still shouting “Hey!” so I assumed something fell out of my purse and started scanning the ground for any of my crap that may have attempted to make a break for it. I swear, my purse is like Mary Poppins bag, one day I’ll amaze everyone by pulling out a lamp shade and area rug. So, this little employee stops in front of us and then asks the following questions:

“Hey, are you guys finding everything alright? Is there anything I can get for you? Are you enjoying your trip to Wal Mart?”

That last question is what confused the hell out of me. My head slowly tilted to the side, confusion all across my face as I quietly asked, “This is Wal Mart?” Not completely sure why I felt I had to ask where we were, it just felt appropriate. I was still comprehending what was happening when I glaced at “Chris” and saw this his face was not of confusion like mine but instead severe irritation. Which would explain why the super helpful employee looked slightly scared, muttered “Well, if you need anything come find me!” and quickly turned the corner and vanished.

I’m pretty sure “Chris” and I stared at each other for a good 3 minutes before one of asked if that really happened. We never saw the employee again that night.

Also, "Chris" totally called me a dick because my two bags used up all the cart space and he had to put his bags in the foldie child seat. Not sure why I'm the dick when all he had to do was put his bags in the cart...
All he had to do was move the bags...

On a completely unrelated note, GUESS WHAT!!! Cupcakes and Nerf Guns has a facebook page!!! Fan Girl scream time!!!


                                                                
OK, ok enough of that. Go over to the super awesome facebook page and show some love. Then take that love and spread it with your friends. Don’t ew me, I know you want to.  

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine what I would do if workers at walmart started talking to me! They actually wanted to help you?! Maybe you were in the twilight zone... anything is possible... I've heard of this happening... must be a pretty classy wallyworld to have the employees asking you if they can help you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think the scary point was when he asked if I was enjoying my trip to walmart...I was a little taken aback at that one. lol

    ReplyDelete