Saturday, March 9, 2013

Confession

I have a confession to make and you may or may not be completely shocked when I tell you this confession. I, Rosie, used to (who am I kidding, I still do) love boy bands, the Backstreet Boys to be more specific. I was also very active in the whole BSB vs. N’SYNC rival. This, of course, was back in the day before the interwebs was popular and message boards were non-existent so if you wanted to insult a bitch for her love of N’SYNC, you did that her face and not behind a keyboard and monitor.  Usually, you made fun of her by drawing horrible faces on the guys of Nsync whenver she brought one of those teen magazines to school. She would always be like, "Oh my gawd guys! It's Justin Timberlake!" And after you had a massive eye roll, you waiting until she wasn't looking, snatched her magazine and defaced the crap out of it. At least that's what I did.

Yeah, such it bitch!
                                                                    

My unwavering love of the Backstreet Boys was so deep that not only did I use my babysitting money to buy posters and cds but I spent weeks saving up to buy a complete Backstreet Boys bed spread. It was AHMAHZING! The comforter had the entire group on it, the pillow cases had their faces on one side and “BACKSTREET BOYS” written on the back. I also may have single handedly kept Tiger and Teen Beat in business. And then N’SYNC rolled around and the battle began. For the record, no one cared about LFO or 98 Degrees, they were like the red headed step children of boybands.

BSB FOR LIFE, SUCKAS.
                                                                    

Each group had the same member;
Sweet, wholesome guy- Nick (BSB) and JC (NSYNC)
Goofy, class clown- Brian (BSB) and Chris (NSYNC)
Bad Boy- AJ (BSB) and Justin (NSYNC)
The just barely made the age limit but still a little too old for the group- Kevin (BSB) and Joey (NSYNC)
That guy whose name no one remembers- That one guy (BSB) and That other fella (NSYNC)

The songs were pretty much the same (expect BSB was better) and the videos featured at least one or all members without their shirts on (sometimes it was raining and we all swooned and drooled a little). Then, since all good things must come to an end, at least one member leaves the group and the remaining members try to go forward. It’s just not the same, the fan girls miss the bad boy that’s in rehab so the group disbands. One or two go to rehab, one has a successful solo career, the one who no one can remember their name just disappears into the night, and one comes out of the closet.

I miss my childhood.

Also, anyone remember the MTV made boy band 2gether that was suppose to be a spoof of boy bands and ended up actually becoming one? I love them as well.


Now I can't stop singing "Say it, Don't Spray It." I will be downloading these to  my ipod when I get home...DON'T JUDGE ME!

Also, guys don't forget you can totally follow the blog on facebook!!! GAH! I know, you're super excited! So, just go ahead and click this link!

4 comments:

  1. I loved Backstreet Boys when I was little. As well as Britney Spears, S Club 7, and a bunch of old singers my mom got me addicted to. Never really cared for N-Sync though, except their one song 'Pop'. I would dance around my room rocking out to that all the time. Ah, childhood.

    Michelle
    The Girly Gamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man! Another BSB fan! Yeah, you can ask my mom about my love for Nick Carter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing I'm just a little older than you, because I remember these bands, but wasn't a fan of them. I think this means I was in my high and mighty lofty "I only listen to music with a meaning, not pop" stage that lasted basically until yesterday when the kids wouldn't stop playing Thrift Shop and I started singing it because the best way to get them to stop is to de-cool it by spreading my mom cooties all over it.
    Some of that's a joke- I actually love pretty much all genres now, but I definitely went through a "too cool for that" stage right around the time those boy bands were all popular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Thrift Shop, although the Alzhiemer's has been preventing me from buying off the Itunes.
    I also went through that too cool for pop music phase. However, every eye roll at the mention of the Backstreet Boys, my heart went a little pitter patter.

    ReplyDelete