Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nerf Gun Etiquette

So, before I tell you the story of how I almost lost my eye, we all need to agree to ignore the fact that this incident occurred at a place that it should not have. Ok, so now that we have all made the unbreakable vow (or for you Muggles out there, a pinky promise) to ignore where this took place. May God have mercy on your soul if you had your fingers crossed.


Ok, so back to the story of how I almost lost my eye. “Chris” and I decided to bring our Nerf Guns to this undisclosed location where we spend 8 hours a day together, 5 days a week. Today, we decided to play with our toys…and by play I mean shoot each other with the foam bullets. Most shots were aimed towards areas that wouldn’t hurt (you know boobs and stomach) and laughs were had. Until it happened.

“Chris” was cowering behind his dry erase board like a coward, gun aimed straight towards me but his eyes hidden behind his make shift shield. There was a click of the trigger, the *poof* sound of air as the foam bullet shot out from the gun and headed towards me and BAM! Foam bullet to my EYE! MY EYE!

The next few seconds were silent. Silent and painful as I covered my right eye with my hand, tears streaming down just the right side of my face as I yelled “YOU SHOT MY EYE!” Another brief silent seconds, although in that pain it might as well have been HOURS, and did he come to my side? No, instead he burst into a fit of giggles. Now, don’t judge him too harshly because that in turn made me burst into a fit of giggles.

I’m doing well but don’t be too worried if you see me tomorrow, on Thanksgiving, with an eye patch, crutches and a neck brace. I’m fine, really.

1 comment:


  1. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
    Toy guns for kids

    ReplyDelete