Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm Not Old Enough

Yesterday I was getting ready for work when I made this horribly tragic discovery. I think I’m still in a wee bit shock over it and since I’m not one of the Glee kids I can’t dance and sing about it. So instead, I’ll present you with a limerick I wrote for this very occasion.

There was a pretty young girl name Rose
Who was styling her hair in corn rows
When she had a sudden fright
As she saw a single strand of white
And she shouted, “Aw, hell no!”

Guys, it’s not even a grey hair, it’s white! It skipped the whole grey process and just went straight for white. Before you give me the lecture about the whole aging gracefully and it’s just a matter of time, no. I’m not old enough to have WHITE hair! Here’s a list of things that I’m old enough for:

Rent a car
Drink booze
Vote (and not American Idol voting, I mean legit presidential stuff voting)
Smoke ciggies
Fight for my country (but since I’m not a dude I don’t have to worry about the whole being drafted thing)
Get tattoos
Go to R rated movies
Drink booze at R rated movies
Get married
Get divorced
Be convicted as an adult
Adopt a kid
Buy a hand gun
Buy lotto tickets
Pawn stuff at a pawn store

But here is a list of things that I shouldn’t do at the age of 27:

Freak out over a white hair on my head

I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that I could dye my hair and be done with it. First of all, that’s not the damn point. No matter how much I dye my hair that evil white hair will still be there, mocking me and calling me an old hag even when I know for damn sure I’m not. Second of all, I kind of can’t dye my hair at the current moment. A few months ago I discovered this color stripping product at WalMart and since I was in the mood to go from dark brown to bright red I figured I would give it a shot. Also, I’m kind of addicted to dying my hair. What? I get bored and dye my hair. I don’t like the current color so I change it.

The color stripping stuff smells like a couple of old eggs that were sitting in a jar of perm solution out in the sun on a hot, summer day. In short, it stinks. However, it did bring my hair from a dark brown to blonde/orange clown hair color. The box claims the stuff is less harmful than bleaching but I’m starting to wonder how true that is considering my hair hasn’t been able to hold a color since. I would dye it and the color would fade within a week. I would try again and get the same results. It ended when mom told me to give the hair dying a rest so my poor strands can recover and I have about a month to go before I can fix this mess and get rid of the demon white strand.
No, No white hair! This is a picture a friend photoshopped of
me as Grumpy cat. In my defense, I'm not super stoked about this
whole winter weather in the spring time.

Exactly.
Also, if you guys take a gander over to the left side of this post, scroll all the way to the top you'll see tabs that say Facebook and Twitter. You should click on them. Now, so I can facebook stalk you keep you informed when there's a new blog post!

5 comments:

  1. My brother's wife (that would be my sister in law) is exactly my age- our birthdays are a week apart. She has been going grey since she was in her early twenties. A few streaks at a time. However, both of her parents have AMAZING heads of grey hair, so I don't think she minds. I however, can fully appreciate your pain, because I freak out when there's an imaginary grey or white hair on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is hilarious. I love your writing! Don't even worry about it, you're still young!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tea, I knew a guy who was about 21 with a full head of grey and white hair but I still don't want this little strand. Also, I found out that the one strand has a friend on the other side of my scalp.

    @Jody, Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoy it and I'm totally loving the outfits you post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two recurring white hairs (I also skipped the grey) that seem to pop into view whenever I'm having a terrible day. They're like mood hairs. I call them "FML #1" and "FML #2".

    I'm proud to see my magical photoshop creation graced your awesome blarg. Take care!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Meg,

    I texted my dad about the white hair. His reply was, "Welcome to the club! You're the reason I got my first white hair at 26 when you were born." I tried to politely decline his offer to join the club....

    ReplyDelete