Monday, April 8, 2013

Ham Saturday

My brother and I have created a new holiday and we have named it, Ham Saturday. It falls on the Saturday right after Easter and it usually happens because ham dinner was not served on Easter Sunday. Basically, we just wanted some ham so we came up with an elaborate holiday.

When I woke up Easter Sunday I zombie walked into the kitchen to get some water and noticed the crock pot was in use. Did I bother peeking inside said crock pot to confirm what was cooking? Nope, just grabbed a bottle of water, glared at the dog that barking outside and went back to my room to crawl under the covers again. Eventually I woke up and zombie walked (again) to the kitchen to get some food but became distracted by the Easter basket my mom made. Yes, I’m 27 and my mom still makes me an Easter basket. Haters, to the left please.  

Cut to me sitting on my bed, disheveled looking and taking inventory of my goodies. As I started to eat the ears from the chocolate bunny (I know, you’re suppose to eat the whole head so you don’t hear it scream) the smell of ham wafted into my room. Naturally, I assumed ham was cooking in the crock pot so I immediately texted my brother, “Ham!!!!!!!!” He then replied, “On my way!!!!!!” In case you haven’t noticed, we like ham.

I was still in my room devouring the chocolate bunny when my brother came to the house, made a bee line to the kitchen and discovered that I was mistaken about the contents of the crock pot. He came into my room with a bowl in his hands and said that the white bean soup was pretty good but there was no ham in the kitchen. What I believe may have happened was that I had my windows open and the smell of a neighbors Easter Dinner drifted slowly and seductively into my room. Baby brother left and in my fit of irritation I just pulled the covers over myself and watched TV until I fell asleep.

And that, dear readers, is why we celebrate Ham Saturday.
Ham Saturday is a formal affiar

Even Sven was waiting on Ham Saturday


I meant to take a picture of my plate with ham and all the sides. I ate it before I realized I wanted a picture.
So here's a picture of a side ways half eaten ham.


Also, guys, do you know what today is? It's "Seans" birthday!!!!!! Happy birthday you oldie!
That my friends is a chocolate and Bailey's Irish Cream cake that I made from scratch.
I know you guys have been dying for a picture of "Sean." It's pretty legit.


2 comments:

  1. If I make you ham will you make me that cake? We always have ham on Easter, and I don't even know why, because I don't really celebrate in any other way. Oh, 'cept candy. Please don't tell the crotchfruit in my house that you still get a basket- I don't give them baskets anymore, and I don't want them getting any funny ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of that trade. Cake for ham. Also, for some extra ham I'll keep the candy basket a total secret.

    ReplyDelete