Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tis Storm Season

So, today we were placed on another tornado watch. Thankfully, it just rained like it was the end of times. After the storm “Chris” and I debated for about 20 minutes (it’s hard being a bestie with someone who is just as indecisive as I am) about what we were going to have for dinner. Earlier in the day I figured I would go to Subway then later on I became lazy and didn’t feel like driving. Eventually we both agreed on pizza since pizza boy can bring the food to us.

Now the last time we had a big, massive almost tornado hit in our area we were forced to go to the smelly basement with several soldiers, or as a few of us like to call them, man candy. Speaking of which, “Sean” said he could tell how disappointed I was that we did not get evacuated since I would not be with said man candy. I asked him why that was a problem as I am a single lady and no one seems to like me enough to put a ring on it. He claims it wasn’t a problem and in his words, “play on playa.”

So, since I’ve gotten completely side tracked from the original story, my b. Last time we dealt with crappy weather the man candy ordered pizza. In the middle of the insane storm. TWICE. “Chris” and I felt that since the storm today had cleared up it would be ok for us to order pizza. No, apparently it was not. One pizza place stated on their website they were not sending drivers out. A second one stated we could order online, however, they were only accepting orders for carry-out because the power went down in their store. BUT HOW DO YOU GET MY ORDER FROM THE INTERWEBS!?
                                                                 

We finally found Dominos and I have to admit this was probably the most entertaining on-line order I have ever done. First, “Chris” and I couldn’t figure out how to create our pizza. By create I mean that I wanted my half with tasty pineapples and ham and he wanted his half covered in stupid onions, peppers and junk. We were like those old people figuring out to use the internet and web cam for the first time.  Even as we were creating our pizza we noticed there might be a problem as the digital creation depicted HIS toppings were all up on my half’s side.

                                                               
I'm pretty sure if we had a web cam this is what Dominos would have seen.

Moving past our differences, we placed our order. Then Dominos was like, “Hey! Track your order!” So, I watched as the tracking thing changed from “order submitted” to “Brian is making your pan pizza with love” to “Brian is doing a quality check.” Well, BRIAN, you totes failed at the quality check. I know I should have taken a picture for actual evidence when we opened the pizza box but this is a really accurate picture of the pizza we received.
                                                                              
This is so accurate that it's almost like looking at the real thing all over again


I’m pretty sure that “Chris” called them after I placed the order and told them to make sure all of HIS toppings were on MY side of the pizza. Jerk.

5 comments:

  1. Did they not understand that they crossed the line? Literally. You all had a tacit agreement, there was a line there. And they had the audacity to taint each side. It's akin to breaking the social contract!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, I'm so glad you understand my so not overly dramatic situation.

      Delete
  2. Normally, I'd be all "You're obviously right here."...but you like gross pizza. So, you needed those peppers and junk to fix what you ordered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea, I have no words. Pineapples and ham pizza is AHMAHZING. You're totes missing out on something wonderful.

      Delete
  3. So, I thought I had totes replied to these only to open my lappy today for the first time in about a week and saw my comment just sitting there, all not posted and everything. Acca awkward.

    ReplyDelete